Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Biggest Loser-Andy Foree Style

I've been watching "The Biggest Loser" on TV and Hulu. It makes me cry. I see these people, old and young, who have thrown away the best part of their life: life.

Being overweight takes you away from sharing the best parts of life with your friends, family and loved ones. I dedicate the next three months to becoming healthier. I have constructed a shrine out of notebook paper and old Men's Fitness magazines. I have a graph where I can enter my BMI, my Body Fat percentage, and my weight. I bought a new scale that sends an electric shockwave through my body, testing all those.

These are my stats:
263.3 LBS
34.9 % Body Fat
32.1 BMI
140/90 Blood Pressure

I just got my blood pressure checked today and it was 140/90...pretty bad. That's hypertension right there. I haven't been treating my body the way it needs to be treated. I have tried so many times before, and I have started a new eating plan and workout regimen so many times.

What does it come down to? Dedication. Determination. Failure is not an option.

I cannot say, "Oh, well...I have to get ready for failure." That's what losers say. I am not a loser. I am a winner. I have overcome crazier things before.

I can do this.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Good luck! I believe in you!

Bravone said...

I'll race you to your goal weight!

The Reinerts said...

Did you know that this weekend you drank about 3 CUPS of SUGAR at my house?
Good luck! I know you can do it! Once you start to think about what you are putting in your mouth!

Erin said...

You should sign up for the pound for pound challenge! Or--organize your own biggest loser contest with your friends! That way you'll stay motivated!