Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Daddy

The first film that I remember scaring me was "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". I was sitting in the living room, sitting on the floor with my dad in Jacksonville, FL. A man was searching for a cup, and obviously, he picked the wrong one, and he instantly melted away to a skeleton. I remember running from the screen and into my dad's arms. I was scared.

Now, however, watching that movie...I chuckle at the lack of special effects and almost cheesyness of that scene. But, I will always remember that moment I had with my dad. He was there for me when I needed him.

That hasn't changed one bit.

I love my father. I wish I could have got to know him better when I was in High School, but...I don't think I wanted that. I know he did, but I didn't. I regret that now. My dad once told me that he wished he could have spent more time with his father. I don't want to make that same mistake.

I love you, Daddy. You have always been there for me, no matter what. You love me, and I know it. You have been a source of strength to me throughout my life, even if you didn't think you were. I've looked up to you, and I respect you. You were always there to support me; in my plays, my movies, my life. You would chastise me when needed. You told me what was right and what was wrong. You helped me through my life and continue to do so every day...even though I never mention it.

I do want to be like you. You are the best father anyone could ask for. You've done a great job.

I love you. Happy Fathers Day!

No comments: