Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's New

For those who don't know, I am currently rehearsing as a member of the ensemble of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"

So far, it has been an extremely challenging play for me. Honestly, I have never been a member of the ensemble my entire life. It's challenging because I have to let others grace the stage and realize that it's not my turn. That sounded really prideful, but I'm trying to be honest here :)

I have, however, created my own character. His name is Sir Gallahad the 4th. He's the lost 13th brother. It's not really a character that's going to be in the show, it's just something I and the other guys of the cast came up to make me feel better. I am having a lot of fun doing this show. The dancing is super hard and complex. The music is actually pretty easy. I grew up on this show, so learning the music wasn't hard for me.

We perform the 1st two weeks of August. We then have a week off, and then we are the guest performance at BYU's Education Week. We will perform our show in the prestigious De Jong Concert Hall. I'm excited!

But, we also get to perform here, which is way cool.


Other than that, my life has been starting to pick up the fallen pieces. I received my check from insurance, but more than half of what I received went to rent/security deposit and an outrageous phone bill.

Thankfully, I have a job interview this coming Tuesday for a clerical job on campus. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I am also starting to work on student film projects at BYU. This Friday, I am going to help with the catering for a movie. It's nothing special, but at least it's a start.

1 comment:

*~Brittnee~* said...

Ha ha! Hey Andy long time no see. How ya been?