Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Event in the Library

Last Wednesday I was waiting for a computer in the Harold B. Lee Library on BYU's campus. The line was extra long that day. I was listening to my iPod, as usual, and just standing there.

To the right of me, I noticed that a girl was lying on the ground, sort of sprawled out. I just assumed that she was feeling bad, or had become light headed. I wasn't there to see the events that led her to be on the floor.

I took my iPod out, just because I wanted to be able to listen to my own thoughts for a while. Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder and this guy said to me, "Brother, would you be willing to participate in a Priesthood blessing?"

I was slightly caught off guard, but I noticed that he was hovering over the girl, who was red in the face and sobbing.

I quietly asked the girl her name and I anointed her head with Holy Oil and sanctified it. The other student gave a quick and short blessing that she would receive strength and that the medical officers (who showed up during the prayer and began running tests) would be able to diagnose and fix the issue quickly.

The prayer ended as quickly as it had begun.

I slung my backpack on my shoulder, said goodbye to the other student and got back in line for the computer.

And that was that.

What was cool about that experience was (1) I was worthy to participate in the blessing (2) no one cared (3) it was a spur of the moment, magnify your calling, no matter what the issue or who the person moment.

I was strengthened spiritually that day.

1 comment:

Ashley Lois said...

wow... that is really cool! that must have been a really good experience.