Saturday, November 28, 2009

BYU vs. UofU Football Game


I can't speak right now. My voice is terribly hoarse from all the screaming, shouting, and yelling I did today. I saw my first BYU football game...and it was amazing!

I was able to snag a ticket from my roommates girlfriend who had a friend who had another friend who wasn't able to go to the game who was willing to give his ticket away. So, after snatching the free ticket, Tim (roommate) Megan (girlfriend of Tim) and I, head to our seats in section L of the stadium and proceed to watch a game that turned out to be one of the best, if not the best game of the season.

BYU was ahead for most of the game, and then Utah scored a touchdown and a field goal. Somehow the score was tied and we went into college football overtime. Utah scored another field goal which took the tied score of 20-20 to 23-20. Tension filled the stadium.



BYU had the ball and it was third down and we were about ten yards away from the goal line. The quarterback snapped a pass right down the middle and the running back gracefully waltzed over and caught the ball taking the final score to 26-23, with BYU winning the game.

Fans screamed and shouted and rushed the field.
It was an amazing experience, one that I will never forget. What a great first football game of my BYU career. It was fun. It was fantastic. And it was memorable.

3 comments:

Ben said...

Sweet! I watched it from home, but it sure was an amazing game! I loved the way everyone flooded the field when they got their last touchdown. So cool!

We should catch up some time, my friend! It's been almost a year since I first met you. I promise, I'm a lot less freaky/paranoid.

Bravone said...

Two of my sons were rushing the field after the game. They abandoned me to a day of chain sawing. I tried to listen on the radio and the last score I heard was 20-6. I finished up just in time to watch the overtime. What an awesome way to end a rivalry game, unless you are a Ute fan!

Alex said...

That must have been REALLY awesome!