Saturday, March 27, 2010

Festival of Colors

Today, March 27th 2010, I went to the Festival of Colors cultural celebration at the Krishna Temple...with about 7,000 other people. That was just the first session. There was another one at 4:00 PM. I can't even imagine how many people went. On Facebook, the total guest list had over 13,000 RSVP (between the two event pages). It was amazing!

Here I am, all clean with Clarise at the temple.


Here is a shot of all 7,000 people. I tried to get them all in there.


Then, the countdown began and the hill erupted in a blast of color.


Afterward, Clarise and I posed for some color shots.



It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. The Krishna priest gave a talk before and he spoke of a universal love that encompasses all. He made mention that this event started 5 years ago with 8 people, 4 of which were BYU students. Now, it brings people from all over the state, nation, and world. The event is about relying on God and loving other people regardless of race, religion, gender, and personality.

We were all one people today, relishing in the joy of each others presence. It was amazing.

2 comments:

Ashley Lois said...

i've never heard of the festival of colors, but any event where you get blasted with what i'm gonna guess is paint sounds fun to me!

Petersens said...

thats crazy! Looks like alot of fun!