Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New York

Wow. I am a lazy fool.

I have been back from New York two weeks already and I haven't even posted anything about it! So, here you go, boys and girls. New York. Andy-style.

I went to New York with my friend Katrina and her husband, Aaron. Lindsey also came with us. In fact, this entire trip was Lindsey's idea! She went up to go to the BlogHER Conference and she invited us to go, too! Obviously, I didn't go to the conference. I went to experience the city of dreams and see shows.
New York is a beautiful city. The skyline is spectacular.
When I was there, I got to see Central Park. It was crazy being in a forest-area in the middle of a huge city. We rented a boat for $12.00 and boated around. It took me a while to learn how to row again, but after 3 minutes, I got the hang of it and refused to let anyone else row. It was fun!
I also ate a lot of New York food. But, I didn't gain ONE SINGLE POUND! That was most likely due to the fact that I was walking everywhere, and that it was super hot and humid, too.

Visiting New York, for me, meant a lot of shows. I got to see three shows.

I saw American Idiot. The set was amazing! It actually won the Tony for best set. I spent $37.50 for a ticket 5 rows away from the stage and off to the right.


On Friday, I spent $40.00 for Mezzanine seating to see Phantom of the Opera. Andrew Lloyd Webber is a musical genius. Even if you don't like his music. Just listen to "Primadonna" from Phantom and tell me that he's not brilliant.

Then, on Saturday, I broke the bank to see Wicked. I spent $201.25 for the BEST SEAT EVER. I was directly in the middle of the Orchestra level, and in the middle of the row. I mean, when they told me it was a premium seat, I didn't realize that I would have the best seat in the house!

The trip also included a trip to the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Modern Art. Both of those museums are FREAKIN' huge. I couldn't see the entire museum in one day if I wanted to. My favorite museum was the modern art museum. I just love art that really makes you think about life.

So, in a nutshell, that was my New York trip! I loved it!

And, to close, here is a video of me freaking out because we went under the bridge from Disney's "Enchanted".

2 comments:

*~Brittnee~* said...

I am so jealous!

Petersens said...

WOW! that looks like so much fun! what a great experience!